Sunday, June 2, 2013

Religious Thought 258


For see! The Self is in all beings, And all beings are in the Self. Know you are free, Free of "I," Free of "mine." Be happy.
- Ashtavakra Gita 15:6
__._,_.___

That which has form emerges from that which has no form; that which has no form emerges from that which has form. Therefore the path of supreme spirituality cannot be sought in being and cannot be fathomed in nonbeing; it cannot be lost through movement and cannot be gained through stillness.
- Ming-Chiao, "Five Houses of Zen"
__._,_.___

Liberated from suffering and search I have tied myself to the skirt of God. If I fly, I look at the summits I ascend. If I go around in circle I observe the axis on which I revolve. If I am dragged by a burden, I know where I go. For I am the moon, and the sun is my guide.
- Rumi
__._,_.___

“Give me one hundred preachers who fear nothing but sin and desire nothing but God, and I care not whether they be clergymen or laymen, they alone will shake the gates of Hell and set up the kingdom of Heaven upon Earth.”

- John Wesley
__._,_.___

Each penitent thought is a voice of God.
- Baal Shem Tov
__._,_.___

No comments:

Post a Comment